While browsing through old photos, I stumbled upon this:
Straccetti di Manzo roughly means “strips of beef” in Italian. It originates from Rome and .. well that’s the extent of my knowledge. I first tried this dish when I was at a trattoria near University of Bologna. My colleague introduced the dish to me and I was hooked!
As you can tell from my photo below, the recipe calls for strips of the meat mixed together with arugula, grana padano, EVOO, salt, and pepper. I look forward to making this dish once my meatless diet comes to an end.
– strips of beef (boneless sirloin sliced thinly will do)
– 1 clove of garlic
– parmagianno reggiano cheese (or if you can find Grana Padano, even better)
– salt and pepper
– balsamic vinegar (optional)
1) Saute beef and garlic
2) Season with salt and pepper
3) Mix in the arugula, toss until it wilts
4) Plate it
5) Grate some cheese on top
6) Eat it! Feel free to sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top too!