- Chemistry Lab Assistant
- Holiday Worker Bee at Big Box Retailer #1
- Environmental Lab Assistant
- Retail Worker Bee at Local Boutique
- Holiday Worker Bee at Big Box Retailer #2
- Retail Worker Bee at Big Box Retailer #3
- Regulatory Analyst at Skincare Company
Clearly, my career progression is what some would call “non-traditional”. You see, I graduated with a Chemistry degree and from what one can surmise from the above list, I only applied/apply my college degree in 3 out of the 7 jobs.
The two good things about this “non-traditional” career progression are the skills I learned and took with me from one position to another. Secondly, it helped me stand out in business school because not very many people had my background — each time I introduced myself, instructors and colleagues alike were surprised about my background — I guess not very many people with a Chemistry degree go into business school?
What does your career timeline look like? Share on the comments below!
Let’s have a conversation! – @lianepamuspusan