I re-discovered my old Blogspot posts and would like to share notable ones here. This one is about the goals I want to achieve by the time I’m 30. The goals definitely evolved 9 years later.
Let’s start with the one I wrote on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2004:
From 18 to 30: Tying a knot out of a very crucial decade
Things that I want to fulfill before I reach the age of 30:
1. Earn a degree in Biochemistry [06/2014]: This never happened. Earned a degree in Chemistry instead.
2. Travel back to Philippines after I graduate college
3. Go island hopping, from Boracay to Mindoro to Palawan, with friends
4. Come back to Seattle
5. Apply to respectable medical schools [06/2014]: This never happened.
6. If I don’t get admitted in the medical schools that I’ve applied to, I will, apply for
a researcher job in the Biotechnology field. [06/2014]: This never happened.
7. Apply to grad school and earn a masters degree in Biochemistry [06/2014]: This never happened. I applied to earn a MBA instead.
8. After grad school, I will continue studying until I get my Ph.D. in Biochemistry. [06/2014]: This never happened.
9. If grad school or Ph.D. doesn’t prevail, I will self-study or enroll myself in a photography class [06/2014]: This never happened.
10. Pursue freelance photography
11. Create a picture portfolio
12. Contribute an article to a magazine
13. Design my own graphics
14. Travel California, Hawaii, Florida and
In the midst of these goals maybe I will find the man God set aside for me and be married to him. Or maybe I will still be single when I reach the age of 30. Who knows? God only knows what. I don’t know if I can manage to fulfill all these goals, but one things for sure, the past and the present has given me determination and inspiration to do what I think I want to do. Time can only tell when these goals are going to be fulfilled, but only God can tell which things will be fulfilled before I get “tied” down.