Hello Interwebs. It’s been a while since we last danced.
Well, not really. Let’s face the music. I ignored this blog for 8 months. A lot has happened since then:
- I got a new job.
- I celebrated my first new year in New York.
- I went to the Philippines for a week to see my entire direct family.
- I met my best friend’s son and my brother’s new son.
- I photographed another sweet 16 party.
- I struggled with life. A lot.
- I barely escaped the struggle. Barely scathed.
- I learned hard lessons.
- Vilified a few out there. Realized that it’s better to just let things be.
- Tried out Hello Fresh (still trying).
- Subscribed to Adobe Illustrator.
- Studying how to use Adobe Illustrator.
- Went to the International Car Show at the Javits Center.
- Discovered a flea market that gives back.
- Developed a slight obsession for this Filipino fashion brand.
- Started a photography gear wishlist.
- Reached out to some folks online via Shapr and Danielle Moss’ blog.
- Wrote a lot on my Passion Planner.
- Bought Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
- Practiced Calligraphy with said Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Renewed my apartment’s lease for another year
- Continuously praying that I don’t have to move for another year.
- Endlessly thought about starting a photography side business.
I got more, but I figured 23 is a good stopping point before you start to get bored with me.
So what’s next for me? Well, I hope to accomplish the following in the next 2 months:
- Revamp my portfolio to showcase both photography & graphic design works.
- Settle on a personal brand (establish a logo and brand name). I do not want to be yet another “(Name) Photography” site.
- Stop reading about how to start creating and just do it.
- Stop comparing my site to others.
- Write and post whatever the heck I want/feel about on any given day. Editorial calendar be damned.
Last year, I chose “Create” as my word. It became a crappy year for it, so I chose it again this year. I’m accountable to myself and to anyone who reads this post. I will come out this year having created a number of AWESOMENESS (I’m making that a word).
Ciao e a domani.