It’s MID YEAR. How did this happen? Time flies when you’re having TOO.MUCH.FUN.
How did the first half of your year go? Go anywhere? Accomplished anything? Ate something AMAZING?
Here’s mine so far:
- Spent the New Year in NYC.
- Got a new job
- Discovered by Chloe (their Caesar salad is AMAZZZZINNG).
- Had surf and turf (lobster & steak) for my 31st birthday.
- Watched the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie – Logan. EPIC.
- Went to the Philippines for a week.
- Met my brand new nephew, Jac.
- Met my best friend’s son, Joe.
- Had a legitimate black out in front of friends and family. My eldest niece never let me hear the end of it. (In my defense, I can remember bits and pieces, but somehow can’t remember the times I cursed).
- Saw the Whitney Museum’s Biennale exhibit. EPIC.
- Photographed another sweet 16 birthday.
- Became friends with Adobe Illustrator
- Attended way too many sample sales. Here’s a recap of one.
- Discovered couple of Filipino restaurants that serve isaw (thank you Promdi and House of Inasal).
- Went to Grand Bazaar in Upper West Side
- Went to PH 808 for first rooftop drinks of the summer during Memorial Day Weekend.
- Met one of my oldest friend in New York for drinks.
- Watched Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot = my newest woman crush.
- Tried a new restaurant, had a bad experience, and wrote about it.
- Had beer while chilling at the beach.
Whew! There’s a lot more, but figured 20 is enough to keep you going.
For the second half of the year, I’d like to focus. New York, while amazing, provides a ton of stimulation for any human being. Let’s face it, it’s pretty stressful to live in the city that never sleeps. Too many things to do, too little money to do it. However, New York also offers opportunities that any one can avail, if they only focus on what truly gets them going everyday.
So, my game changer for the back half of the year would be to focus on things that really matter to me (as seen in my Mid-Year Passion Planner game changer page). I know this is just words right now, but I’m holding myself accountable to this. I
hope plan to provide concrete results when this year ends.