I’ve let 2 unproductive weekends pass me by. Ok, I’m exaggerating, they’re not totally unproductive. I just didn’t do anything that would substantially move my life to a place where I can feel motivated or inspired.
But let’s face it, something is deeply wrong with one part of my life and I can’t put a pin on it. Um, actually scratch that, I can, but I just don’t want to divulge it.
I know life is a series of ups and downs. I am having a valley moment right now and it’s a very deep valley. No matter how much I push myself to climb the mountain, I reach halfway and fall back down again. I cannot find the right belay to help me complete the climb.
Anyway, I don’t want to drone on and on about this, so I will end this note on…
Things I am very grateful for:
- Food. While it’s currently my enemy, I am very grateful to have access to great food. I am currently cooking recipes taken from the Dining In cookbook by Alison Roman. It’s a good learning tool, I’ve botched every single recipe I followed so far, but it’s the experience of cooking that matters.
- Smell of herbs. Even if I’m using dry herbs, they smell so dang fragrant whenever I cook with them. Once spring hits, I’m definitely buying pots of basil, parsley, and rosemary.
- Edison. My current partner in crime. He’s such a resilient pup, I’m so glad he’s around.
- Freshly dried laundry. How warm and cozy it feels to wrap yourself with warm, soft towel is just awesome.
- 10×10 challenge. I did it for the last 2 weeks and it’s pretty amazing. While I did cheat (wore not just one stripe shirt, but all the ones in my stash), it sure is very enlightening on what type of clothes I love.
- Downsizing. I ordered a Thred Up kit and donated some stuff.
- Thrift stores. The treasures you find are amazing. It’s hard to find anything worth it in retail stores nowadays.
Things I’d like to stop doing
- Bingeing on the same damn Netflix show (how many times can a girl watch Gilmore Girls??)
- Wasting time on Instagram. I mean seriously there’s only 24 hours in a day, who cares if I miss anything on Instagram? Algorithm is not even what it used to be.
- Using my credit card. Have to pay it down. My gift to myself this year.
- Ordering takeout. Prepping my own meals is way more fun, plus I know what’s in it. But, who am I kidding? I won’t completely stop it, I’ll just tone it down to maybe 1x a month.
- Using multiple notebooks. I need to finish one before I move on to the next.